[THIN] Re: Desperate for HELP (Default printers dissapear)

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:52:34 +1100

Hi Dave,

Defset uses a file, defset.ini which gets stored in %windir%\windows, or
%userprofile%\windows if the user hasn't got a home directory defined.

If defset is run on login, it will read defset.ini to make sure you get the
same default printer each time.

The trouble you have with published applications is that if defset were to
be run by usrloogn.cmd, as an example, then it would stop ICA session from
closing down properly.

In this scenario, what I've done is used defset to define the default
printer and save the settings as defset.exe, but then I use a kix script on
login, called by usrlogon.cmd to set the default printer.

The bit of code that does this fairly simple:

In usrlogon.cmd:

Kix32 defptr.kix

---------- defptr.kix -------------------
$defptr=readprofilestring("%homedrive%\windows\defset.ini","windows","device
")
setdefaultprinter("$defptr")

Regards,

Rick