[THIN] Re: Demoted a pdc to a bdc in a 2003 enviorment.

  • From: Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:30:16 -0400

I think we are talking semantics here. In an AD environment, all DC's are
equal. This is no primary, there is no secondary. Any DC can be written to
and deleted from, not just the one with the PDC role. the PDC role can be
moved around at any time and is used for certain functions (mainly password
sync) but in no way denotes it as anything more important than any other DC.
 Jeff