[THIN] Re: Dell almost does thin

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:09:57 -0000

I don't know if I'm reading a different web-site to everyone else,
but...:

This is quite clearly primarily for use with ICA/RDP.

" Dell, a Citrix Global Systems Integrator partner, offers a complete
range of products for server-based computing environments. From servers
and ThinPCs to Citrix software, consulting services and technical
support, Dell can deliver a complete, end-to-end Citrix solution
designed to help reduce TCO, conserve IT resources and improve ROI."

And they're offering a Linux client for RDP/ICA if you want it, and
they're offering TinyTerm if you're doing mainframes. I've no idea
whether this hardware is any good or good value, but attacking Dell for
not understanding Thin Client Computing when they quite clearly *are*
starting to provide it is silly.

Nick Smith,
Managing Director,
OfficeAnyplace