[THIN] Re: Dell almost does thin

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:12:57 -0000

Ummm...quote from the Dell site:

A Diskless ThinPC offers all of the features of the ThinPC without sacrificing
performance and is ideal for companies who desire maximum administrator
control. Using Century's Diskless PIXIL Linux or Venturcom's BXP software
solution (for Microsoft Windows clients), a Diskless ThinPC is configured with
no hard disk drive and boots to a server/controller. Through the network
connection, Diskless ThinPCs can support local peripherals and can run software
applications on the local CPU or on the server.

Doesn't *look* like you have to buy a HDD...