[THIN] Re: Dell Poweredge 2650

  • From: "Steve Raffensberger" <sraffens1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:59:48 -0400

Scott,

If you have more than one nic, there is a known bug where the nic traffic
can incorrectly be routed to/from the wrong nic. I don't have the specifics
but there is a dell patch in the form of a .reg file that must be entered
into each user's HKCU.

Other than that, we used to call this condition "glassy-eyed".
As has been mentioned, you can suspect scsi, video and nic drivers. If it's
the nic, maybe your network folks have logs that will show something funky
at the time when your server stopped responding.

Raff