[THIN] Re: Dell Blades and mirroring

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:05:15 -0700

Hence the lazy B******* comment.

Joe

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Greg Reese
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 3:01 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Dell Blades and mirroring

You're the one who showed me.

On Aug 10, 2009, at 4:49 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

dang - I thought I was the only lazy b******d that did that... :)

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With the HP, i turned off both servers.  From server 1 i took the drive from
slot two, and in server 2, put it in slot 2 and left slot 1 empty.  Turned both
servers on, they booted right up.  Then whatever drive got put in the empty
slot once running, got written to as the mirror.

after that, it was just a matter or running newsid, joining the domain, joining
the farm etc.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I’m pretty sure it was possible but not as simple as in HP or IBM. Along the
lines of  it’s not as forgiving if you move the slots so take out a drive from
slot 2 and put it in slot 2 in the second server. And, possibly that you had to
have initialised a mirror up on the 2nd server first and/or that the rebuild
had to be kicked off from the raid console and it took  a while

Doable, but not pretty I seem to recall.

hth