[THIN] Re: Deleting Stuck profiles - ok not so easy

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:17:59 +0100

I made a simple .cmd file ages ago. It runs at startup (using the autostrt
service available form thethin.net) and saves the default user and all users
profiles, deletes the contents of the profiles directory, then restores the
two that were saved. It may not be pretty but it worked for us! The servers
are rebooted once a week. I use delprof in a shutdown script and the .cmd
file below to catch the escapees at startup.

echo TESTING MF7 with delprof and profile removal > m:\testmf7.txt
cd\
attrib -s -h -r m:\winnt\profiles\*.* /S
md allusers
md defaultuser
cd allusers
deltree.exe /Y m:\allusers\*.*
deltree.exe /Y m:\defaultuser\*.*
cd "\winnt\profiles\all users"
xcopy *.* m:\allusers\ /S/E/C/I/Q/H/R
cd "\winnt\profiles\default user"
xcopy *.* m:\defaultuser\ /S/E/C/I/Q/H/R
cd\winnt\profiles
deltree.exe /Y m:\winnt\profiles\*.*
md "All Users"
md "Default User"
cd\allusers
xcopy *.* "m:\winnt\profiles\all users\" /S/E/C/I/Q/H/R
cd\defaultuser
xcopy *.* "m:\winnt\profiles\default user\" /S/E/C/I/Q/H/R
cd\
deltree.exe /Y m:\allusers
deltree.exe /Y m:\defaultuser
cd\