[THIN] Deleting Citrix Roaming Profiles

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:50:29 +1100

Hi
We run Windows 2003 with Citrix Presentation Server 4. Im looking for a way to
delete MS roaming profiles for all users in the company with minimal
disruption. The reason for this is because I need to delete certain Printers
which are stored for the user. We are changing Print Servers and even though I
change the client PC Printers, the old printers are still listed in the Citrix
sessions as they are stored in the TS profile.

1) Does anyone know an easy way of deleting specific printers from a roaming
profile via a script on logon/logoff?
Failing this, Im looking at deleting the profiles but have 2 issues with this.

2) The favorites are stored in the profile. Has anyone successfully relocated
the IE Favorites to the users Home Drive via GPO or script?

3) IE has stored passwords in the profile. Users don't remember half the
passwords so Id like a way to export this information somehow or exclude the
file from being deleted so user passwords are not deleted. Where in the profile
does this password information get stored and can it be extracted and
reimported without user intervention?

Thanks
Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT