[THIN] Delete Install Directories, Safe?

  • From: "Eduard L. Frerking" <elfelf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:05:58 -0800

NT 4.0 SP6+ a few hot fixes, MF 1.8 SP3 no FR

Thanks to everyone who wrote about delete some %system%/ directories used
for Backup of MF upgrades.

Now, another deletion of directories question. Can I safely delete the
following directories as well. Again, trying to gain space w/o $$$.

$NtServicePackUninstall$
$NtUninstalQ######$   (Substitute # with various MS Q article updates
numbers - I have 17 of these directories)
_istemp#.dir   (Substitute # for the single digits 0 to 9 - I have 10 of
these directories)
rbp#####.tmp   (Substitute # for various numbers - I have 12 of these files)

Is it safe to delete these directories and files?

Eduard L. Frerking
Capt. Jason M. Dahl Elementary School-FMSD
San José, CA  95111
elfelf@xxxxxxxxxxx