[THIN] Default printer changes

  • From: Niclas <murklan74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 04:57:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone.
We have a Metaframe XP FR3 environment running on w2k with SP3 and hotfixes.
We dont allow client printers to be autocreated, we only use network printers.
Customers can set their default printer on their own through a published
utillity and that has worked great for quite a while no but the last couple of
weeks we are seeing more of customers that have their default printer set to
other printers than what they chose earlier.

It seems to happen randomly but roughly with a few days intervalls.
It doesnt seem to be connected to weekly reboots or so, we havent applied any
hotfixes, servicepacks or print drivers from what we can see that should
explain this sudden increase of faulty default pritners.

Any ideas as of what can explain this or suggestions of better ways for
customers to set their deafult printer?

thanks in advance
Niclas Nordin
BITS DATA i Södertälje AB