[THIN] Default User Profile

  • From: "Wilson, Tyfanie" <twilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:22:26 -0600

All:

Situation:  W2K servers, 5 citrix, 2 DCs named "PDC" and "BDC" (from NT4 days)
When users log in, they have a profile created on the PDC to hold Peoplesoft
Cache, some other things.

On Friday I plan to replace the PDC.  Already transferred over the FSMO & GC,
made it a DNS & everything is running smoothly.

I plan on putting the Profiles back onto the new PDC.. but I am concerned about
the default profile.  I did not create it, and do not know the specifics..

My question:  Is there a way to backup the Default User Profile to another
server, and then replace it when I have the PDC back up?  (Registry pieces and
all)

If not, is there a sheet of "Suggestions" for the default user profile on
Citrix?  Maybe a way to look at what was done to the default user profile while
I still have it available??

TIA.

~*~
This Week's Sponsor:  RES PowerFuse, The Management Framework for Windows
Eliminate Multiple Tools, Multiple Support Channels and Multiple Costs
Manage, Control, and Secure an Entire Windows environment with Ease, including
Real-time Reporting and Documenting Components
Validate a Meaningful ROI on All of your IT Investments with RES PowerFuse.
http://www.respowerfuse.com/