[THIN] Re: Default Logon Domain?

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:50:58 -0000

I remember when using Winframe, and NT4 TSE, I used to set the DACLs on
the registry key (Winlogon) so that only one particular admin user could
change this value (from the default). Which meant that the default was
always correct for the user, regardless of what had previously been
attempted.

I seem to recall, though, that W2K stopped this (either barfed at not
being able to write to the values, or just reset the DACLs - can't
remember which).

Neil