[THIN] Re: Default Domain

  • From: "Raffensberger, Stephen D" <sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:52:11 -0500

This might be due to a Microsoft-induced double whammy that I've
noticed:

1.      Ever since NT 3.51, the behavior described by Russell has been
there. It's by design. I'll reserve my comments on the quality of that
particular design.
2.      Ever since the installation of Terminal Server Client 6.0, my
shortcut to "MSTSC /CONSOLE" has been using the above design to whack
this registry key on any Windows 2003 target. If I don't use /CONSOLE,
there is no problem. If I use the MMC snap-in with the console box
checked, there is no problem.

As a workaround, I created a .REG file with the correct domain and made
a shortcut in my Startup folder pointing to regedit /s with the .REG
file as an argument. That way, every time I whack it, I fix it.

Jim - if you reboot and then login with MSTSC /CONSOLE to check, it will
appear that your GPO didn't apply. In fact, it may have and you
subsequently whacked it.

Steve Raffensberger
CSG Citrix Administrator
Sovereign Bank