[THIN] Default Domain

  • From: "Jim Medeiros" <jmedpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:14:30 -0500

We have just recently added two new servers to our PS 4.0 farm (Win2k3).
During the setup we set the registry defaultdomainname setting
(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon).  However,
every time the server reboots (we set the reboot schedule to once per week)
this registry setting is removed (left blank).

Using Microsoft's RSoP tool I cannot see any GPO that would be removing this
setting.  We even tried creating an .adm file to assign to the local
security policy that will set the Default Domain Name but that only works
when we run it manually (GPUPDATE /Force), it doesn't appear to be applied
when the server reboots.

Has anyone see this problem or have any ideas how I might be able to
troubleshoot it?

thank you in advance.

Jim