[THIN] Re: Dedicated ZDC

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 04:56:11 -0700

It's not just about performance, but availability and management too.

Joe

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Angela Smith
Subject: [THIN] Dedicated ZDC

Hi

Im building a new farm and was wondering if I really need to dedicate a
server for the Zone Data Collector.  I have 14 Windows 2003 XenApp 4.5
servers in the farm which will be around 80% utilized.  I was going to use a
Virtual Server as the dedicated ZDC but am wondering if my farm is too small
to warrant a dedicated server.  Can I use one of the Citrix XenApp 4.5
servers or should I dedicate a server for ZDC?

Thanks
Ang