[THIN] Re: Datastore migration from Oracle to SQL

  • From: "cherie.watts Watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:52:52 +1000

Hi Brian

Migrating a Datastore from Oracle to SQL is supported by Citrix,
checkout the below excert from the Metaframe XP Guide.

The process is the same whether your going from access to SQL or from
Oracle to SQL. You use the dsmaint migrate command. Check the dsmaint
migrate command, syntax. And always backup backup backup.

Cheers

Cherie

Migrating to SQL Server
Migration of a MetaFrame XP server farm data store to Microsoft SQL Server is
supported for the database versions listed in the following table. For
information
about data store migration, see the Dsmaint command on page 343.
Original platform Target platform
Microsoft Access SQL Server 7 with SP3
Microsoft Access SQL Server 2000
Microsoft Access SQL Server 2000 with SP1
MSDE SQL Server 2000
Oracle 8.1.6 SQL Server 2000 with SP1
Oracle 8.1.7 SQL Server 2000 with SP1
Oracle9i SQL Server 2000 with SP1
IBM DB2 with FixPak 5 SQL Server 2000 with SP1