[THIN] Re: Datastore DR design

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:58:37 +0100

Well if you lose you DS, you can't make any changes to the farm - but it
shouldn't impact the punters if they just want to connect.

You've got transactional replication yes. So why not simply point the DR
site citrix servers to the DR sites' replication point? If a change gets
made at the DR site it'll be replicated back..transactionally.

In the event of your main server going down - that's not a disaster, its
just restore the server; likewise for the replication point. If you lose the
main site - everything is already configured.

Here's some guides you might find useful-
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX101739
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX118229

If you are going to change the DSN, you need to restart the IMA service.