[THIN] Data Exectution Preventopn on XenApp 5 windows 2003 server

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:56:04 -0000

Hi,

I have been migrating my users to new XenApp servers running windwos
2003 server R2.

When I log in as Administrator I ocansaly get DEP errors.

On a quick look round the web its seems to be recomended to disable this
feature from a boot.ini file using bootcfg.exe /raw /fastdetect
/noexecute=AlwaysOff /ID 1

Is this best pratice ?

and if so do I just modify the following line in the boot ini

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
Standard" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
Standard"

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.