[THIN] Re: Data Collector

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:59:18 -0700

First off, make sure you XML and IMA services are running correctly.

Joe

  _____

From: LDS <u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx  <mailto:u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx> >
Date: Jan 9, 2006 1:09 PM
Subject: Data Collector
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have this scenario and Data Collector problem in my FR3 Farm:

 - Server A is identified in the Zone Properties of my Farm as Most
Preferred (Blue Check Mark)

 - Server B Server A is identified in the Zone Properties of my Farm as
Preferred (Green Triangle)

Server A was inadvertently powered down over the weekend.  When I discovered
that Server A was offline, I restored power.  In a matter of minutes after
doing so users were reporting browsing errors when trying to connect to some
published applications, some of which are launched via an ICA file.  I
immediately pulled the network cable from Server A and the browsing errors
ceased.

What do I do to bring up Server A back to its' Most Preferred Status and
eliminate the browsing errors?