[THIN] Re: Data Collector

  • From: Brian Delaney <brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:01:31 -0500

I will do this. I will remove the other servers and only leave the primary and failover.

msemon@xxxxxxx wrote:

oops. I took that literally. <Goes to get more caffeine>

From: Brian Delaney brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:33:57 -0500
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Interesting point on the dns resolution. ica is setup as a round robin, so of the 7 servers they will rotate resolution like such:
1st lookup:
127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2,127.0.0.3,127.0.0.4

2nd lookup:
127.0.0.2,127.0.0.3,127.0.0.4,127.0.0.1

3rd lookup:
127.0.0.3,127.0.0.4,127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2

etc. 127.0.0.1 and 172.0.0.2 are the data collectors

we internally use the http locater.

msemon@xxxxxxx wrote:

How are users connecting? Are they connecting through NFuse/WI and do you
have other servers besides Data Collector specified in setup. Also, could

be

a name resolution problem if DNS resolves ICA to the name and IP address

of

your data collector.

From: LDS u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:57:16 -0600
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there somewhere I can look to view logs about the elections when I

make

this switch?

On 1/10/06, msemon@xxxxxxx <msemon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Farm Properties -->Zones --->Zones --->Set Preference.

From: LDS <u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jan 9, 2006 1:09 PM
Subject: Data Collector
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have this scenario and Data Collector problem in my FR3 Farm:

- Server A is identified in the Zone Properties of my Farm as Most
Preferred (Blue Check Mark)
- Server B Server A is identified in the Zone Properties of my Farm as
Preferred (Green Triangle)

Server A was inadvertently powered down over the weekend. When I
discovered
that Server A was offline, I restored power. In a matter of minutes

after

doing so users were reporting browsing errors when trying to connect to
some
published applications, some of which are launched via an ICA file. I
immediately pulled the network cable from Server A and the browsing

errors

ceased.

What do I do to bring up Server A back to its' Most Preferred Status and
eliminate the browsing errors?

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of
the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of
this communication(s) is expressly prohibited. If you are not the

intended

recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and
all copies of the original message.

*
*
*