[THIN] Re: Data Collector

  • From: "msemon@xxxxxxx" <msemon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:37:43 -0500

oops. I took that literally. <Goes to get more caffeine>

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Brian Delaney brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:31:14 -0500
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Data Collector


no it's not. I just used that address as a example.

msemon@xxxxxxx wrote:

>So your DNS entry for ICA is set to the loopback address. That's
>interesting.
>What about setting up your Round Robin for your Datacollector and a backup
>Datacollector?
>
>Original Message:
>-----------------
>From: Brian Delaney brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx
>Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:33:57 -0500
>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [THIN] Re: Data Collector
>
>
>Interesting point on the dns resolution. ica is setup as a round robin, 
>so of the 7 servers they will rotate resolution like such:
>1st lookup:
>127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2,127.0.0.3,127.0.0.4
>
>2nd lookup:
>127.0.0.2,127.0.0.3,127.0.0.4,127.0.0.1
>
>3rd lookup:
>127.0.0.3,127.0.0.4,127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2
>
>etc. 127.0.0.1 and 172.0.0.2 are the data collectors
>
>we internally use the http locater.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>msemon@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>  
>
>>How are users connecting? Are they connecting through NFuse/WI and do you
>>have other servers besides Data Collector specified in setup. Also, could
>>    
>>
>be
>  
>
>>a name resolution problem if DNS resolves ICA to the name and IP address
of
>>your data collector.
>>
>>Original Message:
>>-----------------
>>From: Brian Delaney brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx
>>Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:03:11 -0500
>>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: [THIN] Re: Data Collector
>>
>>
>>I experience the same problem when reboot the farm or experience a power 
>>outage.
>>
>>Server B automatically becomes the primary metric server which causes 
>>some users to not be able to connect. We then have to switch them back, 
>>reboot server B and all is restored.
>>
>>I have yet to resolve this problem and any ideas would be appreciated.
>>
>>FR2/Win2K
>>
>>
>>
>>msemon@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>>>I am sure there is a log somewhere for this. Why not just reset your
>>>preferences in the CMC, start the IMA service if needed, and be done with
>>>it. 
>>>
>>>Original Message:
>>>-----------------
>>>From: LDS u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx
>>>Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:57:16 -0600
>>>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>Subject: [THIN] Re: Data Collector
>>>
>>>
>>>Is there somewhere I can look to view logs about the elections when I
make
>>>this switch?
>>>
>>>On 1/10/06, msemon@xxxxxxx <msemon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>   
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>Farm Properties -->Zones --->Zones --->Set Preference.
>>>>
>>>>Original Message:
>>>>-----------------
>>>>From: LDS u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx
>>>>Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:00:07 -0600
>>>>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>Subject: [THIN] Data Collector
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>resending as I don't know if this made it thru yesterday...
>>>>
>>>>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>>>From: LDS <u2htdaab@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>>Date: Jan 9, 2006 1:09 PM
>>>>Subject: Data Collector
>>>>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>
>>>>I have this scenario and Data Collector problem in my FR3 Farm:
>>>>
>>>>- Server A is identified in the Zone Properties of my Farm as Most
>>>>Preferred (Blue Check Mark)
>>>>- Server B Server A is identified in the Zone Properties of my Farm as
>>>>Preferred (Green Triangle)
>>>>
>>>>Server A was inadvertently powered down over the weekend.  When I
>>>>discovered
>>>>that Server A was offline, I restored power.  In a matter of minutes
>>>>        
>>>>
>after
>  
>
>>>>doing so users were reporting browsing errors when trying to connect to
>>>>some
>>>>published applications, some of which are launched via an ICA file.  I
>>>>immediately pulled the network cable from Server A and the browsing
>>>>        
>>>>
>errors
>  
>
>>>>ceased.
>>>>
>>>>What do I do to bring up Server A back to its' Most Preferred Status and
>>>>eliminate the browsing errors?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>mail2web - Check your email from the web at
>>>>http://mail2web.com/ .
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>************************************************
>>>>For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or
>>>>set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>>>>//www.freelists.org/list/thin
>>>>************************************************
>>>>
>>>>  
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>mail2web - Check your email from the web at
>>>http://mail2web.com/ .
>>>
>>>
>>>************************************************
>>>For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
>>>set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>>>//www.freelists.org/list/thin
>>>************************************************
>>>
>>>
>>>   
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>*
>>*
>>*
>>This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of
>>the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged
>>information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of
>>this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the
intended
>>recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and
>>all copies of the original message.
>>
>>************************************************
>>For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
>>set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>>//www.freelists.org/list/thin
>>************************************************
>>
>>
>>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>>mail2web - Check your email from the web at
>>http://mail2web.com/ .
>>
>>
>>************************************************
>>For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
>>set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>>//www.freelists.org/list/thin
>>************************************************
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>
>*
>*
>*
>This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of
>the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged
>information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of
>this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
>recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and
>all copies of the original message.
>
>************************************************
>For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
>set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>//www.freelists.org/list/thin
>************************************************
>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>mail2web - Check your email from the web at
>http://mail2web.com/ .
>
>
>************************************************
>For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
>set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
>//www.freelists.org/list/thin
>************************************************
>  
>

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of
the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of
this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and
all copies of the original message.

************************************************
For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
//www.freelists.org/list/thin
************************************************


--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .


************************************************
For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or
set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
//www.freelists.org/list/thin
************************************************

Other related posts: