[THIN] Re: *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:39:53 -0400

Hi Steve,

Thank you!

You were correct in that I had multiple versions of Java installed on my
machine. I had 1.4.1 and 1.5.0.x.

After I uninstalled 1.4.1, and then installed 1.4.2.13, all my logon
times are showing up correctly in the CMC.

Thanks dude.

Jon Luchette

Emerson Hospital
Technology Engineer
Work: 978-287-3369
Cell:  978-360-1379

jluchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

________________________________

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:26:58 -0400
From: hector.minero@xxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just updated my JRE to version 1.5.0_11-b03 and I still have a problem
with the time.

It's still one hour behind.  The clocks on the server and client are
fine.

I am running PS 4.0

_________________________

Hector Minero

NSWCDD Code K55

Ph: 540.653.8859

Email: hector.minero@xxxxxxxx

        Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:29:42 -0400
        From: emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        There are all kinds of problems with MS DST patches.  Wrong time
zone, time being 1 hour ahead of the correct time (instead of 1 hour
behind).

        MS isn't the only one.  Sun had 2 bugs show up on their website
Friday 3/9 and apparently they knew about them for weeks but didn't
release anything until the Friday prior to DST weekend.

        Most major companies handled this extremely poorly considering
it was signed into effect 2 years ago!

        Of course, we should just get rid of DST all together, but
that's besides the point.