[THIN] Re: *DST* PS4 -- Time is off in CMC?

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:26:58 -0400

I just updated my JRE to version 1.5.0_11-b03 and I still have a problem
with the time.
It's still one hour behind.  The clocks on the server and client are
fine.

I am running PS 4.0

_________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: 540.653.8859
Email: hector.minero@xxxxxxxx

                Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:29:42 -0400
                From: emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                There are all kinds of problems with MS DST patches.
Wrong time zone, time being 1 hour ahead of the correct time (instead of
1 hour behind).

                MS isn't the only one.  Sun had 2 bugs show up on their
website Friday 3/9 and apparently they knew about them for weeks but
didn't release anything until the Friday prior to DST weekend.

                Most major companies handled this extremely poorly
considering it was signed into effect 2 years ago!

                Of course, we should just get rid of DST all together,
but that's besides the point.