[THIN] DL580 to New HP Blade DL20 (Mirror Sets)

  • From: Charles Watts <greg.watts@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin (thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:43:08 -0400

To Replicate or Build new Citrix servers we break mirror sets and then recreate
them on a new server. This works perfectly for us. We are now moving off of
these DL580's and will be using HP DL20 blade servers. The blades are using a
6I raid controller and the 580's are on a 5i. When I boot the OS on the blade I
get a BSOD and the system simply reboots. I was told by HP that the 6i was was
backward compatable. Has anyone been successful doing this? If so can you help
me out? Thanks in Advance!

Greg Watts
Systems Engineer
GTSI Corp.