[THIN] Re: DL380 Multiprocessor

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:53:33 -0700 (PDT)

One of the links that Chris supplied contains a link
to the following article that explains how to use the
service pack to upgrade your NT4 installation to MPS:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;168132

This is, IMHO, the absolute best way to upgrade an NT4
box to MPS. Just make absolutely sure that you're
specifying the appropriate HAL.

I've heard nothing but bad things about using
UPTOMP.EXE, but I've never used it personally so I'm
just repeating hearsay.

> Ok, I have a Compaq DL380 &33MHZ that I have
> installed NT4 TSE on.  I have
> not been able to get it to recognize or use the
> second processor. I heard a
> REG hack mentioned does anyone know what that is?
> Also I cannot find
> ANYWHERE the Alternate HAL file needed to get this
> running,  ANyone know
> where I can find it? This is getting to be anoying.

http://sbc.yahoo.com
This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130