[THIN] Re: DL question...

  • From: "David Demers" <david.demers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:51:36 -0700

We did something similar...

I have created mailboxes that allow appropriate groups to have delagate =
rights. The users of the groups have access through their "Folder List" =
(Tools|Services|Properties of MS Exchange|Advanced Tab) and can send on =
behalf of the other mailbox (using the from field - default when =
replying to a msg is from the "group" mailbox). All the incoming mail is =
in one place instead of sitting in everyone's mailbox (this is =
preferable in our situation as each msg needs to be responded to by =
someone in the group, then deleted). Messages sent appear to come from =
the "group" mailbox but closer examination will show as from the user on =
behalf of...

It works for us.

David