[THIN] DHCP Question for Windows 2003 Server

  • From: "Rusty Yates" <ryates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:04:02 -0500

I've posted this before but I wanted to try one more time.  Currently we are
running into an issue with our DHCP Server (Windows 2003 Enterprise. Server)
that will not issue an IP address to any thin client, laptop, or pc if it
already has a lease on another scope.  You can do the release and renew
thing all day long but the DHCP server will not assign an IP until the lease
for the PC is deleted from the scope that it last got an IP address from.
I've never seen this problem before until I started working on this server.
Is this new in Windows 2003 Server?  It sounds like a security setting or
something.

than buying more servers.