[THIN] Re: DHCP Question

  • From: "Rusty Yates" <ryates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:31:20 -0600

Windows 2003 Enterprise.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 11:26 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: DHCP Question

what DHCP server software do you use?

                      "Rusty Yates"

                      <ryates@thepeople        To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      place.com>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: DHCP
Question
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      04/02/2004 10:23

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

It isn't that.  The DHCP server will not assign another IP until the entry
is deleted out of the other scope.  You can do a release but it will never
pull another IP address.  For example: If I pulled a IP address from
10.1.1.x I would not be able to pull an IP address from 10.1.2.x until the
IP was deleted out of 10.1.1.x.

Make since now?

Rusty