[THIN] Re: DFS and Profiles

  • From: brock.akister@xxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:54:57 +0100

work ok for me

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe shonk [mailto:jshonk_dhl@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 September 2003 17:43
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] DFS and Profiles

I've been doing some research on using a DFS Share to store user profiles.
From what I understand,  it is generally not recommended to store profiles
on a DFS as DFS was not designed to handle it.  Also, there are examples of
systems that are currently using DFS to store profiles.  However,  I cannot
find any concrete information that supports one theory over another.

Does anyone know of any white papers, faq, anything that might be of help?

Joe

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo!  <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com>
SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software