[THIN] Re: DFS and Profiles

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:01:05 -0700

One problem though is that if the profiles are huge, or scattered across a
WAN or busy LAN, isn't there a potential problem with timeouts leading the
client to get halfway through the profile download or upload and then having
to re-poll the DFS tree? If it has to start the process over, or continue it
this could glitch the profile process, or, what if the client is then
re-directed to a different version of the profile on a different store?

the other thing you mentioned is that you use a NetApp, which I also put in
my frist reply. I am not sure that DFS is as elegant or reliable when using
NT file servers.....

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453