[THIN] Re: DFS and Profiles

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:51:06 -0700

Joe,

Network Appliance addresses this issue with their Virtual File Manager which
sits on top of DFS. I am not sure if this will answer your question
directly, but it may point you in the right direction. NetApp has added a
managment layer to tie DFS all together from a central point, I assume this
is what would be needed to assure profiles can operate properly with a
virtual file location system:

http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/vfm.html

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing