[THIN] DCPromo to Windows Server 2003

  • From: "Bruce Jarrett-Norton" <bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:23:07 -0400

We currently have a Windows 2000 sp4 Server Domain and are thinking
about DCPromoing a new 2003 server to a Domain Controller and updating
our Active Directory Schema but have our Primary Domain Controller and
License server remain on our Windows 2000 server.  Also, we have an
Citrix Metaframe XPe FR 3 SP 4 server farm, is there anything I should
be aware of in doing this?  I have heard somewhere that licensing can be
a problem is that true?  Are there any documents that I should read /
look at about this issue?

Thank you,
Bruce Jarrett-Norton
Dart Energy Corporation
Desktop and Network Support Tech and Webmaster
http://www.dartenergy.com
e-mail: bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx