[THIN] Re: DCOM 10016 Error - The machine-default permission settings do not grant Remote Activation permission for the COM Server application

  • From: IT Support <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:41:17 +0000

Hi Jim,

I did this as the domain administrator - ie opening up dcomcnfg and literally
expanding each node until it errored.

The only error it came back with related to acrobat reader PDFShellInfo which
was not recorded.

Needless to say this hasn't fixed my issue.

The strange thing is that these issues go away when I manually stop and start
the Citrix IMA Service - until the next [daily] reboot.....

Regards

Nik
IT Services Manager
Date:               12/01/2009

Time:               10:02:00

User:                N/A

Computer:       CITRIX1

DCOM got error "General access denied error " from the computer CITRIX2 when
attempting to activate the server:

{DB192ECC-CCBC-4A97-8121-B2FB89FE77C2}

Date:                     07/01/2009

Time:                     12:20:09

User:                     DOMAIN\user.name<http://user.name>

Computer:          CITRIX1

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Remote Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{DB192ECC-CCBC-4A97-8121-B2FB89FE77C2}

 to the user DOMAIN\user.name<http://user.name> SID
(S-1-5-21-1708537768-1844237615-1177238915-1249).  This security permission can
be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

BM Polyco Ltd Disclaimer
This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential. If you have
received this message in error please notify us immediately. You should not use
or copy it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other party. The
contents of this communication are advisory and are not binding on the Company
unless supported by authorised documentation.
It has also passed through the MailControl Anti-Virus service powered by
BlackSpider for total peace of mind.

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==> to report
this email as spam.

________________________________

Confidentiality and Privilege Notice
This document is intended solely for the named addressee.  The information
contained in the pages is confidential and contains legally privileged
information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or
deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Confidentiality and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.