[THIN] Re: DCOM 10016 Error - The machine-default permission settings do not grant Remote Activation permission for the COM Server application

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 01:28:07 +1100

No Probs....I think there are two different versions of dcomperm.exe
around. You can download my scripts including the working dcomperm.exe
from here:

http://www.jhouseconsulting.com/downloads/dcomperm.zip

The script should be well documented for you to follow J

Cheers,

Jeremy.

Date:               12/01/2009

Time:               10:02:00

User:                N/A

Computer:       CITRIX1

DCOM got error "General access denied error " from the computer CITRIX2
when attempting to activate the server:

{DB192ECC-CCBC-4A97-8121-B2FB89FE77C2}

Date:                     07/01/2009

Time:                     12:20:09

User:                     DOMAIN\user.name

Computer:          CITRIX1

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Remote Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{DB192ECC-CCBC-4A97-8121-B2FB89FE77C2}

 to the user DOMAIN\user.name SID
(S-1-5-21-1708537768-1844237615-1177238915-1249).  This security
permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
tool.

BM Polyco Ltd Disclaimer
This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential. If you
have received this message in error please notify us immediately. You
should not use or copy it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to
any other party. The contents of this communication are advisory and are
not binding on the Company unless supported by authorised documentation.

It has also passed through the MailControl Anti-Virus service powered by
BlackSpider for total peace of mind.

Click here <https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==>  to

________________________________

Confidentiality and Privilege Notice
This document is intended solely for the named addressee.  The
information contained in the pages is confidential and contains legally
privileged information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of
mistaken delivery to you.