[THIN] Re: Current Clientname

  • From: Thin Fan <thinfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:55:29 -0700

Yes that was my snippet froma few weeks ago - modifying the session.cs

One thing to note, that will provide you Domain-UserID as a result.
If you want only UserID then you need to do some additional coding to
trim the 'Domain-' from UserID.

That's what we did.

ThinFan

On 8/1/05, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This was posted by another member a few weeks back:
> -----
> I saw that someone already responded with the published Citrix
> solution, however that method disables workspace control.
>
> We therefore took a different route:  We modified the Session.cs file
> and left workspace control enabled.  Now we get User Name (not
> domain-username) for the Client ID AND we have workspace control
> still.
>
> We are still testing this method to assure no other problems, but so
> far it looks good.
>
> Session.cs info:
>
> Here is the original Code
>
> Change these lines to decide how the client name is chosen:
>
>     // Get the client name to use (create a new one, if necessary)
>
>     String clientName =
> (String)deviceState.get(COOKIE_LOGIN_CLIENT_NAME);
>
>     if (!MPSClientNames.isValidUniqueName(clientName)) {
>
>         if(
> config.getWorkspaceControlConfiguration().getEnabled() ) {
>
>             clientName = MPSClientNames.generateUnique();
>
>             deviceState.put(COOKIE_LOGIN_CLIENT_NAME, clientName); //
> Remember for future sessions
>
>         } else {
>
>             // Use the old client name format when Workspace Control
> is disabled for
>
>             // compatibility (MPS/U and MF1.8 need the old format to do
> roaming
>
>             // reconnection).
>
>             clientName = MPSClientNames.fromAccessToken( accessToken );
>
>         }
>
>     }
>
> For example, replacing the lines above with this should always use the
> client name derived from the username:
>
>     // Always determine the client name from the user's identity
>
>     String clientName = MPSClientNames.fromAccessToken( accessToken );

This weeks sponsor: SuperSpeed
Try Us To improve performance along with other agents!
FREE 30-day Trial!
http://www.superspeed.com/servers/computing.php?ID0