[THIN] Cryptographic error?

  • From: Adam_Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:01:24 -0700

Anyone know what this means:
Can't start Terminal Services Licensing because of error 'Can't initialize
Cryptographic - error code 80090020.
'.

I am running W2k SP2 XPe FR2.   I started getting this in the event log a
few hours ago.  The closest thing I can find on Technet is Q312028.  Other
than the key in the Q article being in a different spot, the purported
resolution has not helped any.

Existing users can login, but new users/machines are denied because the
system can't issue Terminal Service licenses.

adam

This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded
Extremely Secure, and Remotely Managed.