[THIN] Re: Cryptographic Providers: RE: Re: Applications polling HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\Applications excessively

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:32:34 +0200

Doesn't look like it's unsing the Microsoft Cryptographic Providers
key(s)...or it that not what you meant?

On 5/9/06, Alex . <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do not remember exactly what Registry keys/values are, but applications that use Microsoft Cryptographic Providers do use Registry by default to deal with cryptographic keys. I disable this "feature" in my apps to make sure they during encryption/decryption they are kept in memory. Is it possible that your SSH app has something of that nature going on?

ALEX

Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 21:09:28 +0200
From: mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Applications polling
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal
Server\Compatibility\Applications excessively

In house..... can't contact devellopment. Is in tier IV. ... Isn't it so
that it should only check the key at program startup?