[THIN] CrossOver Office Server Edition 1.2

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, thinnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:14:56 -0400

Found this recently in my travels...sounds like an interesting alternative.
JK
http://thethin.net

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxofficeserver/
The Windows Applications you need - on Linux or Solaris
CrossOver Office Server Edition allows you to run your favorite Windows
productivity applications in a distributed thin-client environment under
Linux, without needing Microsoft Operating System licenses for each client
machine. CrossOver Office Server Edition allows you to satisfy the needs of
literally hundreds of concurrent users, all from a single server.
Server Edition is also a great addition to Solaris environments, since our
built-in support for Solaris desktops makes running Windows applications a
possibility on Sun workstations as well. This makes CrossOver Office Server
Edition an outstanding choice for engineering, CAD/CAM, scientific, and
other high-performance workgroup computing environments.
With Server Edition, you get all the benefits of the Linux server
environment: robustness, high availability, and openness. Server Edition
also contains a suite of management tools that allow you to easily monitor
system and application usage. Best of all, we do it at a cost per seat that
puts Citrix and Windows Terminal Server to shame, while at the same time
providing you with a No Hassle License Policy that makes your life easier.
CrossOver Office Server Edition is capable of running a range of Windows
software, but CodeWeavers will support the following applications:
*       Microsoft Office 97 and 2000
*       Microsoft Word
*       Microsoft Excel
*       Microsoft Powerpoint
*       Microsoft Outlook
*       Microsoft Internet Explorer
*       Lotus Notes
*       Microsoft Visio
*       Quicken
See our list of supported applications for more details.
CodeWeavers is continuously expanding the list of applications supported
under CrossOver Office.
By becoming our customer, you not only get great support for these
applications, you can ensure that your other favorite applications become
well supported as well.