[THIN] Creating .RDP files to start sessions without prompting for password

  • From: scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:31:53 -0500

When creating RDP connections from XP pro desktops to my NT4.0TSE
computer, I'm trying to create a RDP file like I did with an ICA file for
Citrix.  Everything works except for the password.  Is there a way to
include the password in the file as clear text?  It seems that when you
save the password in the encrypted form and take the RDP file to another
computer it doesn't work as the encryption must include the machine name
or something.  Bottom line is I just want a portable RDP file that I can
distribute and have it connect using a specific username but not have them
prompted for the password.

Thank you,

Scott DeLagrange
mailto:Scott.DeLagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx