[THIN] Could Not Find Acrobat External Windows Handler

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:23:18 -0500

I have a Windows 2k, SP3 server farm running Citrix XPe.  I'm publishing
Adobe Acrobat reader 6.0.1.

My problem is that users with ADMIN privlidges can open pdf's fine.
(They open in IE)

My normal users get the error:  "Could not find Acrobat External Window
Handler"  when clicking on an adobe link.  I'm guessing that this could
be a permissions error as the servers are locked down but Adobe's  tech
support is hopeless.

My question is twofold...

What file is the "plug in" and what permissions does this file need?
Could this be the problem ?

I don't care about embedding adobe in IE...frankly it's the worst thing
they could have done if they can't support their product.  If there is a
way to hard code this setting so it ALWAYS opens in the full Adobe
client? (I know, Edit \ Preferences \ unselect Open PDF in Browser but
that doesn't seem to work all the time....)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  (Man I wish MS would buy out
Adobe...then maybe they could at least support it...)=20

=20

  _____ =20

=20
Brian Claus, A+, Network+, MCP
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20
  _____ =20

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html