[THIN] Corrupt ADVAPI32.DLL? Crashed my server

  • From: "Vince Tan" <VinceT@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:55:08 -0500

Trying to install FR2 yesterday but was faced with several issue.  At
first, I got Event 1720 and install never finished.  I tried removing
win2k SP4, then the security roll-up and  reinstall FR2.  This time, it
seems to work but when I reboot the server, I kept getting different
error messages indicating something like "missing procedure
systemfunction040,041 and some others from ADVAPI32.DLL".  After I ok'd
thru all the message, the server booted up ok but Terminal services will
not start.  When I try to start it manually, it refer to the same
ADVAPI32.DLL error.  The question is, can I just replace the
ADVAPI32.DLL from win2k SP4?  If so, how do I do that since when I try
to copy over, it basically tells me that the file is in use.

Thanks for any advice.

Vince
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
EOL THINssentials? Bring You TRUE Universal Printing Solutions
and Time Zone Support. EOL delivers any print job, any
time zone, to any client, over Any protocol (ICA or RDP)!
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/index.asp