[THIN] Control.exe for every user

  • From: "Blackman, John" <John.Blackman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:35:50 +0100

Guys,

I have a problem with our MF XP FR2/ W2K environment.  We have been
experiencing some long delays in logging on recently and also problems
with sessions hanging.  After a lot of research I have found that the
problem is being caused by control.exe.

Control.exe is being loaded for every user when they logon, because
control.exe is running, user logon takes about 2 minutes.  If I have an
admin desktop open on the same server and kill the control.exe session
for that user, logon is completed almost straight away.  When they close
their session, because control.exe is running, the session will not
close properly and goes in to a disconnected state.

I have configured the following reg key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI
"LogoffCheckSysModules"="control.exe"

Which when the user logs off, control.exe is ignored so my sessions do
not hang.

For some reason this only happens for users, if you're an admin you
don't get this problem.

Any thoughts/suggestions what could be causing control.exe to launch in
the first place?  I have searched the registry for control.exe entries
and except for the above, there is none.

John