[THIN] Connections problems with WYSE winterms

  • From: Mustafa Ibrahim <mustafa.ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:41:28 +0100

Hi all,

I am hoping someone somewhere may have an answer to my little dilema here. I
am running a Windows NT domain with a couple of NT4 with Citrix MF 1.8
serving approx 300 usrs. along with 100 plus desktop PCs, we also have 200
WYSE winterms, mostly 3720 SE Series running ICA Client to connect to Citrix
servers. All is well really,  EXCEPT some of the WYSE units keep dropping
off the network for no apparent reason whatsoever. The paculiar thing is
when the usrers report this issue and we go up to investigate, the unit will
connect sometimes fine after a reboot, and it maybe fine for 10mins, rest of
day or for a couple of weeks before problem returns. I have done an
extensive amount of troubleshooting on this swapping systems around, testing
floor ports, testing UTP cables, etc. Everything checks out every single
time. Which kind of leads me to suspect some kind problem with these models
of WYSE units. I was hoping maybe someone out there may have run into this
kinda issue and may already have an answer of some sort. Any feed back
appreciated. Many thanks in advance.