[THIN] Re: Connection time

  • From: "Mau, Kevin" <Kevin_Mau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:22:10 -0500

Do you have a firewall in between your metaframe box and your domain
controller which is restricting icmp between the two?

I stumbled across this awhile ago in my lab at home.
I had my metaframe box and domain controller separated by an openbsd based
firewall
When I opened up all the ports on my firewall to allow authentication
against the domain controller logins would take MUCH longer then usual
around a minute or two. But if I allowed all traffic between the two boxes
everything would work fine. I finally narrowed it down to icmp and once I
allowed that through everything worked beautifully.