[THIN] Connection Migration License

  • From: Derek McGhee <derek_mcghee@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:35:26 -0400

Over the next couple of weeks I will be migrating users from MF1.8 to
MFXP SP2/FR2 (same farm name).  I have a question about licensing during
this move.  Currently this is how it's setup...

- MF1.8 Total Connection Licenses = 165
- MFXP Total Connection Licenses = 30
- When I run "qserver" against the farm it returns a GRAND total of
Connection Licenses = 195.

When our test users connect to the MFXP servers, I can see the users in
CMC.  However, when I look at Licenses in CMC, it shows...
- Count = 30
- Pooled Available = 30
- Pooled In Use = 0

Shouldn't the "Pooled Available" count down and the "Pooled In Use"
count up as users connect?  Mine is not...  Should I be concerned about
this?  When I run "qserver" with users connected to the MFXP servers, I
see connection counts on both the MF1.8 and MFXP servers and they all
count against the grand total.  Users are connecting fine to the MFXP
servers but I want to make sure what I'm seeing in CMC is normal before
I go turning off my MF1.8 servers.

Also, does anybody have any good information about "Migration
Licensing?"  The only info I found said to take the a connection license
pack from the MF1.8 server and add it to the MFXP licenses.  Then add
the "Metaframe XPe 1.0 Connection Migration Pack."  Is this correct?

Thanks ahead of time.
--
Derek

This Week's Sponsor:  RES PowerFuse, The Management Framework for Windows
Eliminate Multiple Tools, Multiple Support Channels and Multiple Costs
Manage, Control, and Secure an Entire Windows environment with Ease, including
Real-time Reporting and Documenting Components
Validate a Meaningful ROI on All of your IT Investments with RES PowerFuse.
http://www.respowerfuse.com/