[THIN] Connecting via Dial-Up

  • From: "Turman, David C." <david_turman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:34:24 -0600

        I have a problem with 1 of my Citrix boxes. It is a NT4/TSE SP6 box
        with MetaFrame 1.8 SP2. Any user that tries to dial up from home
        and attach to the server hets a "server not found message". Our
        users dial up thru UUNET, then fire off a VPN client (Nortel) and
        then attach via ICA files. These users can hit any other box no
        problem like this, and people inside the firewall on the LAN can
        attach to this server fine. Is this maybe a timeout issue. Could
        this be cured by some of the registry hacks, like the Kepp Alive?
        And if so, how?

This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical server-based
questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few mouse-clicks away:
you submit your incident-specific support requests via our online support
helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them while you monitor the progress,
and your systems get back to 99.9% up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com