[THIN] Re: Connecting to wrong farm

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <Pavlo.Ignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:49:10 -0400

How ICA client locates the farm also depends on the protocol chosen.

- If protocol is TCP/IP client is broadcasting for the data collector
- If protocol is set to TCP/IP+HTTP client is trying to resolve "ica"
through DNS

If there were no "ica" entry in the DNS (at least originally) my guess
is that protocol is set to just TCP/IP. This is also a default setting
out of the box for the PN client. Next I would check Windows profile for
the user and blow away ICA Client subfolder of Application Data. This
way you know there is no history of the old farm left (assuming you did
not use pre-configured PN client). Now I would try to connect again and
see which farm is picked.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke Regional Hospital
tel.  +1 (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
fax.  +1 (613) 732-9986

From: Minero, Hector B CIV K55 hector.minero@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:16:49 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

pinging ica does not resolve.
I then added an alias to the DS server called ICA, but that dies not
solve it.

I guess what I am trying to ask is:
Do I need to specify the server location address or should it be able to
auto-resolve it?

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540) 653-8859