[THIN] Connecting to terminal Service

  • From: "Tom Flanagan" <tflanagan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:16:44 +0800

Hi All

I am experiencing a very weird problem.  Deployed a citrix server 2
months ago and have had about 15 users connecting to in using the
published desktop.  No real problems.

All of a sudden when users try to connect to the desktop they receive an
error say that they need to be in the local "Remote Desktop Users
Group". This has always been the case and nothing has change there.
i.e. I have a "domain\Citrix Users" global group which is a member of
local "Remote Desktop Users Group" on that server. The has always
accepted connections

The local policy "allow logon through terminal services" is enabled and
these groups are in that policy.

Nothing has change except last night I configured a reboot schedule. So
the server rebooted.  Users got on okay this morning but after sometime
today nobody new user could get on or old users that were disconnected
could get on.

Citrix PS3.0 W2k3 SP1...I also get the problem if I try to use RDP.

Anyone seen this before?

Regards
Tom Flanagan
IT Manager

DORIC Constructions (Australia) Pty Ltd ACN 99 080 922 498
1st Floor 420 Hay Street PO Box 451 Subiaco WA 6008 Telephone (08) 9388
2655 Facsimile - 9388 1484
E-Mail address -