[THIN] Confirmed SP3 BUG

  • From: "M" <citrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:43:51 +0100

Found this on my travels.

      Subject:  Printer Redirection Bug in Win 2000 SP3 Attachments:  None
     From:  "Peter Bergler [MS]" <pbergler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent:
8/13/2002 1:36:42 PM

Thanks to the rapid deployment of W2K SP3 and the discussions here in the
newsgroups, a bug has been identified in SP3 with TS printer redirection.
The symptoms are that printer redirection will not work when printing from
some apps (including Office), but will work from others, when printing a
document from a mapped drive.  Printing from a document located on an UNC
share, or that is on a local drive that is not mapped, will work fine.

The Terminal Server and Sustained Engineering teams are working on a fix for
this right now.  We hope to have a patch available for customers in the next
3 weeks.  I'll post updates, in terms of when and how it will be released,
as we have more details.

I apologize for this problem and for missing this in our SP3 testing.  We
are also updating our SP test matrix to ensure we catch issues like this in
the future.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention

Peter Bergler
Group Manager
Terminal Services