[THIN] Re: Conferencing Manger and published desktops

  • From: ÎÎÎÎÎÎÏÏÎÏ ÎÏÎÏÏÎÎÎÏ <ptsapralis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:17:07 +0200

There are two ways that I can think of to bypass this limitation. You may
either publish the basic Microsoft Windows executable file,
c:\windows\explorer.exe, as a regular application or you can publish the RDP
(Remote Desktop) utility, that is part of the standard Microsoft Windows Server
2003 Operating System (I think it is an option for MS Windows 2000 Server
variants, as well), and then select a target server to logon to via Terminal
Services (using proper - safe - access rights) and use its Windows Desktop as
your conferencing environment.

I have tested the first solution during the last couple of weeks and found no
draw-backs, yet, there may be something weird out there about it, so, I would
suggest that you use the solution with caution (or go for the second option...).

Hope this helps,
Panos,
ptsapralis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx